I’m not a huge “New Year’s Resolutions” person, however I read an interesting article that gave 4 reasons you should make a New Year’s Resolution.
So here goes…
1) Get the camera out 1-2 times per month: Whether it is to take pictures of Ruby, finding a sporting event to capture, or just getting out and exploring new areas with the camera.
2) Seek out, or initiate, social interaction: Don’t misread this and think that I’m socially inept (ok, so maybe I’m a little socially awkward). I do fine when put into social situations, however, by nature, I’m a bit of an introvert.
3) Work on my conversational Spanish: It would help me lots.
4) Watch less T.V.: So much time is wasted watching tv. Instead I will take Ruby for a walk or sit on the back porch with a cup of coffee and read a research paper (ok maybe that last part is pushing it). [Disclaimer: this does not apply to anything on tv that is sports related …. this simply means that I will stop killing time sitting in front of the tube when I should/could be doing something constructive]
5) Stay positive: I’ll be the first to admit that while I put on a great show of “life is grand” (part of that is my service-oriented training in which it is my responsibility to keep a smile on my face and not make my problems that of others), I struggle with keeping a positive outlook on life (and can wallow in self-pity like no other). So I will work on remembering that thoughts have power – so make them awesome!!
I think that about sums it up. I feel like a “thereby decree it so” or “so mote it be” should follow this up … maybe a “winter is coming” ??
BRING ON 2015!