So apparently New Year’s Resolutions are supposed to be made (some article I read last year) however I’m going with 2018 Goals, as opposed to resolutions. For me moving forward requires some reflection on the past.
It has been a rough end to the year with the loss of my little fur-friend. I thought I was so prepared to let her go and while I know it was the right decision (at 15yrs and with an enlarged heart, it was her time) it has been a process. I feel like I lost a little piece of my heart. [And that is all I have to say about that – Forest Gump]
There are several other events that I could have done without coming to fruition at the year end. So it was important that I look back over the events of the past year if for nothing other than to not judge 2017 on just the last two months of the year.
The Good Stuff (in no particular order)
- I spent time in Texas with friends
- A work trip to Mexico
- The road trip of all road trips from FL to Seattle
- Fantastic conference in NOLA with two amazing gal pals
- Some great workouts (inclusive of podium finish at a comp) and improvements in the lifting department
- Progressed with the PhD
- I’m a godmother/aunt to the most beautiful little girl
- Finish my PhD – Spring 2018 – even if it damn near kills me
- Secure a job in academia for a Fall 2018 start
- Stay strong
- Don’t be a disappointment
- No matter what, no matter where – don’t forget to find the positive and always keep a smile
That pretty much sums it up.
So here is to 2018 and remember…
“If you are confident enough, every zoo is a petting zoo.” – Author Unknown
In Memory of Ruby: 2002-2017